The System Manager is the control centre for the entire Sage 200 Evolution application. It is the system’s user interface. Featuring a System Tree for navigation, it also controls the system environment and setup, online help and multi-level password security. Sage 200 Evolution delivers enhanced efficiency, productivity and security to any business.
System Manager offers the following:
• A consistent user interface no matter which module you are using. Fixed Assets or Accounting, they all share the same common interface and all appear as options on a single System Tree.
• Standard navigation tools such as menus, the System Tree, toolbars and favourites.
• Powerful tools for maintaining, sorting, searching and grouping your lists of data.
• The ability to customise the interface to suit each user’s requirements and to create user defined fields on master and transaction file records.
Features within System Manager:
• Store Data Indefinitely
• Transaction Rollback
• Supports Multiple Companies
• Transaction Drill Downs
• Document Imports and Exports
• Document Profiles
Your data is your data! We understand the need for confidentiality within your business. You need to control access to this information. Sage 200 Evolution features multi-level, menu-driven password access control. Sage 200 Evolution also enables you to control who sees what with password protected menus.
System Audit Manager:
Eliminate internal fraud and unauthorised transacting within your business with the System Audit Manager. This tool assists you to track and manage database activities for all or selected database tables allowing you to report on detail changes for both transaction and masterfile tables.
Integrated with Microsoft® Office:
Seamless integration with MS Office means that you can e-mail any report. You can use several standard formats such as HTML or PDF. You can also export data into Word or Excel, where you can perform your own complex data manipulations. This feature complements Sage’s extensive range of management reports. The Sage 200 Evolution CRM module integrates e-mail management with Microsoft® Outlook.
Password Complexity and Agent Lockout:
Password Complexity enables you to enforce specific password combinations which can be aligned to your business’s IT protocols. The Agent Lockout feature allows you to control users entering their passwords incorrectly by specifying lockout attempts and durations.
Graphs and Visual Reports
You have the ability to view graphs. For example, you can compare General Ledger account movements over a period of five financial years. You can compare sales and purchases in the Orders module, and you can view incident analysis in the CRM module.
The Report Writer module allows you to customise standard reports per user as well as stationery layouts per user. It integrates into every module in the Sage 200 Evolution range.
Receivables and Payables
Sage 200 Evolution gives you instant access to customer and supplier balances, overdue totals and sales/ purchases history. Drill down features and reports are available when you need a more detailed analysis of customer/supplier transactions.
You can create multiple delivery addresses for each customer and supplier. Set processing defaults for delivery requirements/addresses, selling prices and discounts which you can override for each transaction.
Multiple Debtor & Creditor Control Accounts:
If you wish to analyse debtors and/or creditors in the General Ledger, you can use more than one General Ledger control account for Receivables or Payables. This is over and above your normal reporting within the Receivables and Payables ledgers.
This module allows you to allocate income or expense transactions to particular projects. You can then filter reports on a project basis and create an income statement per project.
The General Ledger is the heart of the financial function of your company. All processing you do eventually reflects in the General Ledger. The system has no tedious month or year-ends. The system is date driven, allowing you to post transactions to any period at any time. You can block periods that
are complete, thereby preventing operators from accessing them in error and stores five years of information.
Segmented General Ledger:
If you have a complex and multidimensional General Ledger, you can create General Ledger accounts using multiple segments up to ten levels.
Cheque Printing and EFT's:
You can print cheques from any bank account. The cheque layout is fully customisable to accommodate requirements from different banks. You utilise user access levels to control who can print cheques.
Unlimited Financial Periods:
You can now create unlimited financial accounting periods, allowing you to analyse historical data and make more informed decisions and to forecast more accurately.
Sales & Purchase Order Entry:
You can maintain and control outstanding orders, processed orders and back orders. This module integrates fully into Sage 200 Evolution’s Inventory, Receivables and Payables modules.
This module allows for the following:
• Print and process purchase and sales orders, and then fill these orders in part or in whole, keeping track of outstanding orders
• Create financial lines, which allows you to post non-stock amounts directly to General Ledger accounts
• Allocate sales and purchases to projects
• You can do this on a document basis or even line by line on each document
• Allocate sales representatives to each document or even to individual document lines
• Reserve stock quantities for customers when they place an order
• Print picking slips and delivery notes
• Create purchase orders automatically using the reorder fields on the inventory records
• Create quotes and convert into sales orders once confirmed
• Powerful reports help you manage outstanding and overdue orders
• Merge multiple orders into a single invoice
Sage 200 Evolution’s powerful Inventory module gives you unlimited control over your stock. The system provides both summarised management reports as well as detailed operational reports, all customisable per user.
Quick Grid Entries:
Work more efficiently within the within grids using the copy and paste feature from Excel in various inventory forms. Make quick changes in Excel and copy them back into Sage 200 Evolution.
Unit of Measure:
This feature gives you the ability to specify a buying and selling unit for each inventory item and advises which unit will be used to account for the inventory on hand. Manage your inventory more efficiently by creating multiple barcodes per item, barcodes per unit of measure and pricing
per unit of measure.
Dimension Items gives you the ability to stock items using specific dimensions such as m² and m³. You can specify buying and selling dimensions depending on the type of item and it’s perfect for environments where inconsistent measurements are sold based on client requirements.
• Define attributes per inventory item for more accurate reporting and maintaining of inventory items
• Create an attribute group with attribute types to manage inventory a more granular level
Goods Received Voucher:
This feature allows you to receive and immediately update your stock levels. This is based on a delivery note from your supplier and you do not have to update the supplier account until you receive the actual supplier invoice.
Import Cost Allocations:
When you import goods, there are frequently additional costs that do not originate from the supplier. For example, you may be liable for shipping costs and/or import duties. This feature allows you to process these additional costs at the same time as the Goods Received Voucher. The
system uses the additional costs to calculate the item costs correctly. Without this, you have to process these costs at another time and then adjust your item costs manually.
Three Stage Invoicing:
This feature allows you to perform invoicing in stages, by issuing stock first, in cases where customers only wanting a consolidated invoice at month end or invoicing a customer first, before delivery of goods have taken place. The best thing about this feature is that it makes use of a Delivery Accrual account giving you peace of mind that your Cost of Sales account will balance at the end of the day.
You can process Customer Goods Return Vouchers and Credit Notes based on the stage in which the stock was issued.
Extend Sage 200 Evolution’s power by combining the Inventory module with other related add-on modules:
• With Multi-Warehousing, you can create multiple warehouses or stores and move items between these stores. Define multiple bin locations per warehouse to simplify physical counts and picking of inventory.
• Serial Number Tracking serialises individual inventory items and keeps track of them by their history. The system follows their purchase, internal movement in the company, sale and possible return for repair or refund.
• Lot Tracking lets you track items by lot, where batches of items all have the same lot number. You can specify expiry dates and a status per lot number.
• Bill of Materials allows you to manufacture or assemble items from components. The system takes the component materials out of stock into work in progress, and then allows you to create finished items ready for resale.
• Pricing Matrix lets you have selling prices per inventory item or inventory group and per customer/supplier or customer/supplier group. These can be price or percentage discounts on the customer’s/supplier’s standard price.
All these add-on modules work together. For example, you can manufacture serialised items into warehouses and track lot numbers.
To cater for the move by many businesses to increase staff productivity and become more efficient, the Alert Management module has been designed to streamline key roles within the business. The module allows you to receive notifications based on a set of predefined criteria to allow for better
planning and control in your business.
Alert Management allows you to send and receive notifications via SMS or e-mail based on predefined criteria. This allows you to keep your employees, customers and suppliers up-to-date with business related information, account balances and inventory status updates.
This new feature will form part of the core modules of Sage 200 Evolution. It allows you to manage your inventory levels by specifying minimum and maximum stock levels, minimum re -order levels and quantities. An automatic purchase order will be generated by the system, taking into account the preferred suppliers linked to the inventory item, lead times and reorder levels determined by your business’ standard operating procedures.
Main features of Sage 200 Evolution Inventory Optimisation:
• Automate the process using templates
• Perform real-time sales analysis
• Manage minimum, maximum and re-order inventory levels
• Create custom formulas
• Cost optimisation
• Makes use of the Just In Time (JIT) approach
The Inventory Issue feature manages and tracks your internal stock distribution between departments, business units, staff members, jobs & projects.
Main features of the Sage 200 Evolution Inventory Issue Module:
• It generates inventory requisitions for approval within a multi-level workflow environment
• Allows you to issue inventory for job cards, general ledger accounts and projects
• Different templates for recurring entries can be created using this feature
• Allows you to process Inventory Issue transactions in batches
Tax Processing (Only for South Africa)
• A new Tax node has been added to the Sage 200 Evolution software to align the SARS requirements pertaining to VAT submissions in South Africa. This node will host all tax related information pertaining to your business. This node will include the generating of:
• Tax Types
• Tax Groups
• Set up a Tax reporting frequency
• Close tax periods for reporting
• Report on transactions within a tax period
• Report on out of period transactions
• A Tax Report based on the SA VAT 201 layout. This is referred to as the Tax Box Report. This report will allow you to consolidate transactions by reference
The Customer Zone is aimed at uploading certain data to the cloud which will allow customers self-service features such as viewing their statements and drilling down to the invoices.
For further information on Sage 200 Evolution please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +27 12 880 0258.